Emeralds are Not Just a Pretty Face
Emerald Jewelry Lore
- Ancient Egyptians believed emerald jewelry would enhance fertility.
- Ancient Incas believed emerald jewelry promised eternal life.
- Beloved by Venus (the Greek Goddess), Cleopatra, Aristotle, Russian Royalty, and ME!
Once considered an amulet of rebirth and fertility by Ancient Egyptians and associated with the goddess Venus in Greek mythology, the emerald jewelry continues even today. Emeralds' powerful and everlasting aura has captivated royals, philosophers, and jewelry makers for over six thousand years. And why not? It symbolizes love, growth, and rebirth, a reminder of the eternal in an ever-changing world.
Physical Healing powers of Emerald jewelry
- Helps epilepsy (according to Aristotle).
- Emerald jewelry is a lucky Fertility Talisman
- Strengthens eyes and memory
Did you know Aristotle thought Emerald jewelry could ward off epilepsy? People still believe it can soothe headaches and skin rashes. It's a jack-of-all-trades gemstone that can even temper gastric issues and strengthen the eyes and memory. And let's not forget it was also considered a lucky talisman for fertility.
Metaphysical Properties of Emerald Jewelry
- Emerald jewelry clears the heart chakra.
- Improves empathy, dampens self-judgment
- Frees one up to love and think deeply.
Emerald jewelry's calming green hues make us think of the long-awaited relief that comes with spring after a barren winter. It's a heart chakra stone, so it's always ready to clear the hold-ups caging your heart and ensure love and self-care flow freely.
A closed or unbalanced heart chakra can lead to a timid approach to people, a lack of empathy and compassion, harsh self-judgment, and trust and forgiveness issues. With an open heart chakra comes the freedom to love deeply, make the right choices, and practice self-care. This opens the gateway to divine love and universal blessings and releases mortal fears.